Re: More on Color vs B&W Connectix Quickcam

Don Castella (dcastell@interaccess.com)
Tue, 24 Sep 1996 08:50:06 -0500

The color QuickCam works well in 256 Grayscale mode. Although Connectix has
released a 256 color mode driver, and a VIDEC driver for the built-in
hardware compression engine in the camera, I have been unable to use either
one of these color drivers with White Pine ECU ver. 2.02x or 2.1 Beta.

The other uncompressed color driver modes work with ECU, but there is some
fuzziness of the received picture. As discussed earlier, these drivers
require considerable computing power. A Pentium 133 should be adequate for
this task.

Don Castella

----------
> From: Will Hopkins <will.hopkins@stonebow.otago.ac.nz>
> To: CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu
> Subject: More on Color vs B&W Connectix Quickcam
> Date: Monday, September 23, 1996 8:34 PM
>
> I sent this a few hours ago, but forgot to say that I'm on a PC platform.
> (Windows95/33 KHz modem/133 MHz Pentium - do these things matter?)
>
> Hi.
>
> I am trying to make a decision before I purchase a Quickcam for CUseeme.
> It looks like there are problems with the bandwidth of the colour
Quickcam