Re: CU-seem connection problems

Harry (nj2ca4harry@earthlink.net)
Wed, 25 Sep 1996 21:41:59 -0700

Mark Devlin wrote:
> Don't have a camera. Let the software set itself
> up automatically and it tells me I don't have a camera.
> However sometimes when I try to connect to a reflector I get a message
> saying that I need to reduce my xtrn rate. I can't find where to do this.
> Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Ya aint doint nothin wrong.
I got the same exact responses myself (personally I think it's
a reflector error), but try this:
I'll cut and paste some settings from my cuseeme.ini file,
and let's see if that works. NOTE THAT I HAVE A 386DX and
at least the audio encoding method was effected by that
fact. I do not know what else would have been too.
IN any case, JUST COPY THE [flow control] section
and see if that's enough. If a reflector says you're
transmitting too much edit the MaxCap setting.

Good Luck,
Harry
[Audio Position]
Left=1