(no subject)

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Fri, 27 Sep 1996 20:43:12 -0500

At 08:37 AM 9/27/96 +0100, you wrote:
>I am setting up cuseeme for the first time. When I try to load the
application I get the
>message:
>
>Gethostname() failed (10014)
>
>I have updated me Hosts file to include my TCP/IP address and a hostname,
but this doesn't
>seem to help.
>
>I am running Windows 95. However, my Internat dialer is a Windows 3.1
version, as I have a
>Windows 3.1 version of WINSOCK. I am therfore using Windows 3.1 version of
cuseeme
>also.
>
>Has anyone else encountered this problem at initial setup and does anyone
have a
>suggestion for how I might overcome it?
>
>Thanks.

Chuck Elliot said basically what I would have told you, except for two things:

1. Read the "gethostname() error help" section of my web page so you
understand why this happens.

2. Call your ISP and ask them what the IP address is for their DNS, and
plug this address into Trumpet.

You don't HAVE to use the win95 dial up networking, but it works very well,
and you MUST use it for any 32bit tcp programs.

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Squeek on Undernet IRC
Channel Manager #CU-SeeMe