Re: New vs. Old color CODEC

Brian Godette (bgodette@idcomm.com)
Fri, 05 Sep 1997 12:07:45 -0600

At 02:39 AM 9/5/97 -0500, you wrote:
>On Thu, 4 Sep 1997, Rolf Hemmerling wrote:
>> Please tell me where to download (I didn=B4t find anything at White Pine,
>> I am still going on testing the White Pine CU-SEEME 2.1.1x client on and
>> on...)
>
>I found the patch for MJPEG at http://support.cuseeme.com/H220.HTM which
>gets you up to the 1.1 version of the MJPEG codec it looks like..if you've
>installed 3.0 you already have it...I've also heard version 2.1.2 has the
>updated codec.
>
>I've found 2.1.2 at http://support.cuseeme.com/H195.HTM#V212 but it's one
>huge exectuable with both 16 and 32 bit versions.
>
>Be sure and read the readme if you want 2.1.2...In my opinion, if you've
>already got 2.1.1, then 2.1.2 isn't really needed.

Well, they did fix at least one of the bugs listed on my tech page. They
fixed the chat recovery bug in 2.1.2 (existed since thier first alpha
versions in '95). However the no-close bug still exists (most likely the
null-assertion problem from 0.84b7 being half fixed), and the various GPF's
with the participants list, and switching video input devices and/or color
codecs.