Re: New vs. Old color CODEC

Sat, 6 Sep 1997 16:29:28 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 5 Sep 1997, Brian Godette wrote:
> Well, they did fix at least one of the bugs listed on my tech page. They
> fixed the chat recovery bug in 2.1.2 (existed since thier first alpha
> versions in '95). However the no-close bug still exists (most likely the
> null-assertion problem from 0.84b7 being half fixed), and the various GPF's
> with the participants list, and switching video input devices and/or color
> codecs.

Ahh...it'd be interesting to see what they did with 3.0...I've been trying
to determine if the no-close/close all bug is in it but if it is, they
seemed to have masked the problem by not allowing the user to see the
TOTAL kbps they are receiving from all the windows. I've gotten a
throughput program but I don't know how accurate it is. If I open up
someone's window, then close it..it EVENTUALLY (given about 5 minutes)
drops back down to a reasonable rate.

Perhaps the null-assertion bug is related to something else I've been
seeing a lot more with 2.1.2...Sometimes I click on a window and it moves
up to the visible range on the participants list, but the video window is
nowhere to be found. I close them and reopen and it does the same thing.
The only way I've found to fix that is to leave the reflector and rejoin.
The symptoms are quite similar to the null assertion bug and the fix is
exactly the same as well. It just doesn't flash an error message on the
screen.