Re: 'Send Video' switch always defaults OFF

Mon, 8 Sep 1997 17:13:42 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 8 Sep 1997, Gary Garber wrote:
> I'm using Cornell CU-SeeMe ver 0.92b2 and when attempting to attach to a
> reflector or DC with someone the Send Video checkbox always defaults
> unchecked (off) regardless of how I last left it.
>
> I'd like for this switch to default ON.

Make sure you exit cleanly...that's the only thing I can think of. Also,
with 0.92b2, you can set the defaults for send and receive video on a per
reflector basis in the PhoneBook. For the reflectors you are connecting
to, make sure the send video box is checked, then click the save button.
As far as DCing goes, it's always been how I last left it. Set it the way
you want and then exit and reload is the only thing I can think of. I'm
not sure if CU-SeeMe saves the defaults when you change it, or when you
exit. I recall a much earlier version (0.84bX) had a problem with not
saving the defaults.

Another thing you can try is exiting CU-SeeMe, and editing cu-seeme.ini in
the windows directory. Under [Connect Options], make sure there's:
Send Video=1

At least I THINK that's the option :)