Re: About Reflector tech.

Brian Godette (bgodette@idcomm.com)
Tue, 09 Sep 1997 12:19:10 -0600

At 01:28 AM 9/10/97 +0800, you wrote:
>Would someone tell me how to solve this problem?
>
>I have downloaded Enhanced reflector v1.07b6 for windows, and setup
>reflector conf ok, configuration name is reflect.conf, In reflect.conf,
>I set the following parameters:
>
> CONF-ID 1 Sorry, the Conference ID has changed. Please
>reconnect with
>the correct one.
> //
> LOG reflect1.log
> ALLOW 203.65.190.0:24
> REFMON 203.65.190.34
>
>I am using Win/95. Before I run reflect.exe, I need to dial-up to my
>ISP to get an IP address which is 203.65.190.34( supposed it is ). Then,
>
>I run reflect.exe and refmon -s 203.65.190.34. What I expected is to use
>
>wp cuseeme v3.0 or Cornell version 0.92b2 to manually dial-up
>203.65.190.34, I hope my reflector can reflect the client. But the
>result is that my client can not connect to the IP 203.65.190.34 which
>my reflector resides in.
>
>Could anyone have experience on this tell me what is wrong with my idea
>or my action. Maybe Jason Williams could tell me. or someone else.

The client cannont be run on the same system as the reflector simply
because neither the Cornell or WP client binds to a specific interface
address but binds to all interfaces, which conflicts with the reflector.

However as a point of interest, it would be possible to run either my
reflector or the current WP reflector under Linux and have it bind to a
specific address, then use Q-SeeMe on the same system but using another
interface address (physical or aliased). I haven't tested this, but there's
no reason it shouldn't work.