Re: Cornell Reflector

Mon, 15 Sep 1997 16:39:42 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 15 Sep 1997, Eric Ochoa [NOL Staff] wrote:
> I beleive this functionality is going into White Pine's latest reflector
> offering. For more information go to their website at
> http://www.cuseeme.com.

Yep...But the Meeting Point reflector costs lots of money and is still in
beta testing. If he needs the functionality now, then this does little
good. I'm not sure how White Pine will handle demo versions of the
reflector, but that might be something to look into when it eventually
comes out.

I also wonder if there will be some sort of upgrade option to go from the
2.1 reflector to Meeting Point. Considering the base price for Meeting
Point ($1900) is more than double the base price for the 2.1 reflector
($900 I think), my guess is there won't be any low cost reduction upgrade
program. But who knows. In my reflector scanner's list, there seem to be
a wealth of White Pine 2.1 reflectors so I imagine there'll be some sort
of upgrade.