Re: Auto connect tricks?

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Tue, 16 Sep 1997 21:38:07 -0500

At 02:35 PM 9/16/97 -0600, Brad Davis wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I need to be able to fire up a copy of CU-SeeME in Win95 and have it auto
>connect to a reflector of my choice. Can this be done via a commmand line
>argument? Or is there anyone who's done this?
>
>TIA!

You can do this with either the older Cornell version 84b7, or with the
White Pine 2.x versions, but the latest Cornell version (.92b2) doesn't
support it.

This info right from the White Pine CU-seeMe manual (abbreviated...I'm too
lazy to type the whole thing):

web page link points to a .cu or .csm file

.cu or .csm file contains:
ip address
conf#
file options

file options can be:[settings]
max windows=3Dn
[flow control]]
maxcap=3Dn
mincap=3Dn
useflowcontrol=3Dyes or no
[connect options]
iwillsendvideo=3Dyes or no
iwillrecvvideo=3Dyes or no
iwillsendaudio=3Dyes or no
iwillrecvaudio=3Dyes or no

web server must include application/x-cu-seeme cu csm

web browser must have mime type:application and mime subtype:x-cu-seeme and
file extensions of .cu and .csm

windows users: make sure Enhanced CU is in your path, or specify the entire
pathname for the exe file when setting up the mime type in Netscape.

NOTE: THE CORNELL VERSION DOESN'T SUPPORT THE FILE OPTIONS SECTION