Re: Reflector Autodialer

Wed, 17 Sep 1997 14:49:32 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 17 Sep 1997, Bashar Dahabra wrote:
> I am using Cornell ver .9 of the Cu Seeme package. I am looking for a
> reflector autodiler that would work with this version.
>
> Reflectors seem to vary in their rate requirements for sending and receing
> video, hence it is critical that an autodialer is flexible enough to handle
> this requirement.

I've never seen an autodialer which will set the rates based on each
reflector. The autodialers I've seen simply press the right keys for you
to connect. In the 0.92b2 version as well as the 3.X versions from White
Pine, you can set the rates for each reflector you connect to. They don't
allow automatic dialing of reflectors, but you can set the rates
differently for each one.

To use an autodialer, I'd say set the rates down at a reasonable level
then autodial to get in. Once you get in, try increasing your rates.
I've used cusdial with 0.92b2 and it works great for me. I don't often
have a need to use it though. I never got Craig Luecke's(sp?) version to
work well and didn't like the fact that it didn't have a portable
reflector list format.