Re: Reflector Autodialer

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Wed, 17 Sep 1997 20:44:17 -0500

At 07:43 PM 9/17/97 +0400, Bashar Dahabra wrote:

>I am using Cornell ver .9 of the Cu Seeme package. I am looking for a
>reflector autodiler that would work with this version.
>
>Reflectors seem to vary in their rate requirements for sending and receing
>video, hence it is critical that an autodialer is flexible enough to handle
>this requirement.
>
>I have downloaded on autodialer from the rocketcharge.com web site, called
>"Cusdial", but it does not seem to be very flexible in seting up the right
>paramaters and rates for the individual reflectors. Hence I keep getting
>through but kicked out because my rates are to high.
>
>Can anyone please propose other working solutions that take rates into
>consideration. Or how I may reconfigure this specific autodialer.
>
>Regards,
>
>Bashar Dahabra

I set my phonebook to NOT auto close on connect, and set the rates in my
phonebook and hit <ENTER> to attempt a connection, then <ENTER> again for
the message that says the ref is full. This isn't that difficult to do,
and doesn't require another program using up memory and space on the
screen. Besides, the Cornell version won't let you TRY to connect again
until it is sure that the previous attempt is completely unsuccessful. You
would have to play aruond with the settings in CUSDIAL for how long to wait
to retry.