Re: How Do I Insert Password

Thu, 18 Sep 1997 16:41:03 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 18 Sep 1997, Joe wrote:
> Using CUSeeMe for the Mac Cornell version 087b1, how do I enter a
> password in the connect list?

The Cornell versions (Mac and PC) don't support passwords. I question the
use of passwords by reflector operators since a lot of the same
functionality can be applied by just using conference IDs with
conf-private or the private command to prevent them from showing up on the
conference selection menu.

The only time I can see using passwords on a regular basis is when using
the White Pine 2.0.X reflector that doesn't protect the IDs from people
who know how to telnet to the reflector.

I've never liked seeing reflectors which REQUIRE the use of a particular
client (the WP client) especially when all it really serves is to limit
the users which can connect to it.