Re: Newbie Connectix Question

Thu, 18 Sep 1997 22:13:06 -0500

00428 (Yudhvir S. Sidhu) wrote:

> Hi Guys:
>
> I have this Connectix sitting on my desk. No model number no nothing!
>
> No software with it. How do I get it going?
>
> a. do I use CU-SEE-ME?
> b. Do I use Connectix s/w?
> c. Both
>
> I am sorry if this is not the right question for this group. Please
> advise.
>
> Sidhu
Mac or IBM? Color or B&W. Does it have all the attachments?

Answer: c, Both.

Software source: Courtesy, CU Seeme archive letter
http://www.indstate.edu/CU-SeeMe/devl_archives/jul_97/0048.html, Bill
Woodland, thanks!
You can always get the latest version of the Connectix software from
their
web page, but it won't install unless you already have a previous
version.
I put a copy of the ORIGINAL disks on my ftp site just for people like
you.
The windows 3.1 quickcam disk is zipped up into qcwin31.zip and the
windows 95 install disk is in qcwin95.zip. My FTP server is at:

ftp://204.64.168.200

Be sure to go to http://www.connectix.com afterwards and get the UPDATER
program to bring you up to the latest version of the software.

When you start CU, connectix will start automatically if it is properly
installed. Install Connectix first.