Re: Multiple Hosts

Mon, 22 Sep 1997 14:23:58 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 22 Sep 1997, Bill Woodland (Squeek) wrote:
> >Is there a way to configure the gethostname routine to identify with which
> method I >am using to access the net, i.e., LAN, Dial-up, and Commercial ISP?
>
> Not with the Cornell version of CU. I believe the White Pine version MIGHT
> allow you to choose which TCP interface to use, but I'm not sure.

I've used Enhanced CU 2.1.1, 2.1.2, 3.0, and 3.1 betas...and I've never
seen this option. I'm not sure how they choose, but I recall Brian
Godette responding to a similar question with the answer that CU binds to
ALL interfaces...so you can't pick and choose which interface to use. At
least I'm pretty sure that was his response.