Re: CU-SEEME and Wingate

Wed, 24 Sep 1997 14:06:45 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 24 Sep 1997, Carlos J. Penin wrote:
> We have a little problem:
>
> How we must configure the Autosock client with CuSeeMe or
> iphone (vocaltec) client and the SOCK ( v.4 or v.5) service of Wingate
> in the server machine?

I'm no Wingate expert, but from what I've heard and seen in the past,
Wingate doesn't allow CU-SeeMe to work. From what I recall from a year or
so ago, Wingate doesn't do anything with UDP packets which CU-SeeMe and
Internet Phone(?) use. I could be completely wrong though..I haven't kept
up with Wingate since I don't have any need for a proxy.

I know a lot of proxies which might otherwise work with other programs
(like Internet Phone) don't work with CU-SeeMe because CU-SeeMe requires
the actual source address of the sender, not a pseudo-address. I'm sure
others will know much more about this than me though.