RE: CU-SEEME and Wingate

Carlos J. Penin (info@net64.es)
Wed, 24 Sep 1997 21:54:55 +0200

On Wed, 24 Sep 1997, Carlos J. Penin wrote:
We have a little problem:

How we must configure the Autosock client with CuSeeMe or
iphone (vocaltec) client and the SOCK ( v.4 or v.5) service of Wingate
in the server machine?

> I'm no Wingate expert, but from what I've heard and seen in the past,
> Wingate doesn't allow CU-SeeMe to work. From what I recall from a year or
> so ago, Wingate doesn't do anything with UDP packets which CU-SeeMe and
> Internet Phone(?) use. I could be completely wrong though..I haven't kept
> up with Wingate since I don't have any need for a proxy.

> I know a lot of proxies which might otherwise work with other programs
> (like Internet Phone) don't work with CU-SeeMe because CU-SeeMe requires
> the actual source address of the sender, not a pseudo-address. I'm sure
> others will know much more about this than me though.

Hi, Jason: what is the ports information (TCP or UDP) utiliced by packets of Cu-SeeMe ?

Perhaps with this information would be possible a correct configuration
of Proxi Wingate.

Best regards,

Carlos J. Penin
Net 64