Re: Want to Conference Between HP/UX and Win NT

Wed, 24 Sep 1997 16:45:01 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 24 Sep 1997, 00428 (Yudhvir S. Sidhu) wrote:
> I am trying to find a solution to video conference between HP/UX and Win
> NT machines. I am also considering broadcast technology.

The only thing I'm currently aware of that will do this is something like
NV interfacing with CU-SeeMe thru a reflector. It's unfortunate that
White Pine has decided to cut the NV/VAT support in MeetingPoint.

NV for HP/UX can be found at
ftp://beta.xerox.com/pub/net-research/nv-3.3beta/nvbin-hpux.tar.Z

But you'd also need a reflector setup for it.
ftp://cu-seeme.cornell.edu/pub/CU-SeeMe/Reflector/4.00b3.dist

for a Cornell version that will do it...I think there might be other
solutions out there besides CU-SeeMe so you might try posting to
comp.dcom.videoconf and seeing what the results are. I haven't kept up
much with the unix video conferencing scene since there isn't any cheap
source of capture cards for most unix platforms.

You might also look into some past postings in that newsgroup...I seem to
recall a company developing a H.323 compatible video conferencing
application for X-Windows (maybe only Solaris though...I'm not sure)