Re: HOW DO I GET REAL TIME LIVE VIDEO ON THE INTERNET

Mon, 29 Sep 1997 08:47:29 +0100

amit bhandari wrote:

> HI, Part of my masters project involves " Internet Access to CNC
> Machine Tools". i.e I have to get real time
> ( live vedio and audio ). The eventual aim is that the student may
> vary the parameters of the machine from the internet
The M$ "virus construction" technology called ACTIVE-X is *exactly* what
You need , probably.
> and see live vedio on the internet as the machine is performing the
> cutting. I would have preferred actual live vedio but I would now be
> trying to achieve as many frames per minutes as I can get. Can I get
> pictures of some decency with Concentrix Quick Cam with CU-Seeme.How > many frames per minute can I definitely expect
> with Quick cam. Please tell me the best way of going about things.
a) a b/w cam needs less bandwidth, but.. probably color information is
necessary for understanding the 3-D informations of the scene. Expensive
cams allow changing the focus ect.
b) You may use *any* vidphone, but a *webcam* is probably o.k., too,
because the user must not send video, just the machine !!! There are
even webcams which offer a video display and audio receiving without
plugins and JAVA, e.g. the WEBCAST technology, especially check
http://www-vs.informatik.uni-ulm.de/soft/wv/
because there are sources available.

See
http://home.pages.de/~h/iphone2.html
http://home.pages.de/~h/cuseeme.html
http://home.pages.de/~h/iphones.html
http://home.pages.de/~h/contact2.html

Sincerely
Rolf

--
      /   /   /  Alone on the data highway...
    /       /    like on an allee in Hannover-Herrenhausen