Re: Cornell Public Reflector

Stan Borinski (stanb@zappa.internic.net)
Mon, 2 Jan 1995 17:22:16 -0500

> Where do I get a copy of a reflector version that does that? :-)
>
> - Barre
>
> On Mon, 2 Jan 1995, Eric Moore wrote:
>
> > The reflector as given me the following message for a few days whenever I
> > try to access it: Too many lurkers -- Go buy a camera
> > Since the first time I have seen this message I have not been able to get
> > in. Is Cornell reflector closed to lurkers? Or are there just THAT many
> > lurkers on all the time (I mean even at 2 AM). Also, if there is a limit,
> > how many lurkers can be on at once?

Barre:

Shame, shame! ;) You're running 3.0b1... it's in there (MAX-LURKERS)!
And Eric, they've got MAX-LURKERS set to zero. ;)

BTW, Cornell should update their MOTD tomorrow. It still refers to 0.70b12
(Mac version) and 2.40b4 (Reflector software). Unless they're trying to
hide 0.70b15 and 3.0b1 from the masses. ;)

Regards,
Stan Borinski stanb@netsol.com +1-703-742-4796
Software Engineer Network Solutions
Come visit our CU-SeeMe Reflector: